We are a church community based in the City of Sunderland
Our values below are what we believe and we are passionate that everyone we come into contact with has the opportunity to know who Jesus is
Our universe was created by an amazing God who loves us.
Human beings have rejected this God and messed up his creation and their own lives
God came to live on earth in the person of Jesus.Jesus lived a perfect life, but he told us that following him is not 'just for good people'
Jesus died on a cross so that our sins can be forgiven and he came back to life again to show that he has conquered death
Everyone who believes in Jesus receives forgiveness and new life. The Holy Spirit comes to live within us enabling us to become more like Jesus
We believe that the Bible is God’s word and that when we listen to what it says God speaks to us
Being a Christian is about living in friendship with God and modelling our lives on Jesus.This is how we find fulfilment and peace of mind in this life, and peace with God for ever when our life on earth has finished.
We are part of the Evangelical Alliance which connects 3500 churches nationally, informs and inspires Christians and represents the evangelical faith to the media.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Getting involved in church life is a great way to grow in your faith, build relationships with others, and serve your community. Here are some steps you can take to get involved in church life:
1. Attend church regularly: Attending church regularly is a great way to connect with the community and learn more about the church's activities and programs.
2. Join a small group: Joining a small group is an excellent way to build relationships with others in the church. Small groups are designed to provide a more intimate setting for Bible study, prayer, and fellowship.
3. Volunteer: Volunteering in the church is an excellent way to serve others and use your talents and skills. Whether it's helping with Sunday School, greeting visitors, or serving on a committee, there are many ways to get involved and make a difference.
4. Attend church events: Church events such as picnics, retreats, and mission trips are great opportunities to connect with others and get involved in the church's activities.
5. Participate in worship: Participating in worship by singing, praying, or listening to the message is an excellent way to connect with God and the church community.
6. Seek out a mentor: Finding a mentor in the church can be a valuable way to grow in your faith and receive guidance and support.
7. Invite others: Inviting friends and family to attend church with you is an excellent way to share your faith and connect with others.
In summary, getting involved in church life requires a willingness to take action, a desire to connect with others, and a commitment to serve and grow in your faith. By attending regularly, joining a small group, volunteering, attending events, participating in worship, seeking out a mentor, and inviting others, you can make a meaningful impact in the church community and experience the benefits of being part of a loving and supportive community.