Pastor Job Advert
Job Description - Full Time Senior Pastor (Up to £40,000 pa, depending on experience)
Bethany City Church based in the city of Sunderland, is an active church seeking to grow God’s Kingdom, deepen the spiritual lives of those who are part of the church; building a community of those whose aim is to live and love like Jesus. We also aim to reach the people of Sunderland, with the good news message of Jesus, and to demonstrate this in practical ways.
This is a full time role, and we are seeking God for a new Pastor with experience of church leadership to join our teamworking alongside our elders, staff members and volunteer leaders.
We hope to be joined by someone who above all desires a deeper relationship with God through The Word, through prayer and by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The characteristics we believe are important for the Pastor are:
• A demonstration of a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, a deep love for His people, His church and His Word
• An ability to communicate God’s Word, in line with Bethany City Church’s statement of faith, in an engaging vibrant way, that both encourages believers in their walk with God, and also to present the gospel to those who as yet have not given their lives to Christ
• To have a pastoral heart for the people of Bethany City Church, and also a compassionate heart for the people of the city of Sunderland and beyond
• To be able to operate as part of an eldership team and to work with existing, passionate, ministry teams within the church
• To have at least 3 years, full time, church leadership experience, although formal theological training is desirable , it is not essential.
If you think you have the vision for this role and are interested to explore if this might be God’s next step for you, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download our church profile and details of the job specification below. This position for Senior Pastor is still available.